Homemade Strawberry & Chia Seeds Jam Recipe
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberry
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Wedge Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- Step 1: Prep the strawberries by washing, then pat dry on a cloth, then by pitting them and then cutting them into small pieces. If you like your jams chunky then roughly chop them.
- Step 2: Take a nonstick saucepan and add the strawberry chunks to and let them cook for 5-10 mins on medium flame.
- Step 3: The strawberries will start bubbling, then add the lemon juice and keep mashing the strawberries to release juices.
- Step 4: Add sugar once the strawberries are cooked and blend the sugar well for another 10 mins.
- Step 5: The mixture will form a jelly-like consistency that is when you need to halt. Let it cool for a minute or two and then add the chia seeds and stir well. Let the mixture cool down.
- Step 6: Once the jam is cooled off to room temperature, store it in glass airtight containers and refrigerate. Use as when required.
- If the strawberries are tangy then be careful with the lemon juice. Add to balance.
- The sugar can be replaced with honey
Find more recipes from Hims Kitchen here