Keeping a promise. I had tried a soup recipe few
days months back and promised to share it on the blog. So here it goes.
Suddenly I am in awe of few fresh produce such as celery, avocado, basil, cherry tomatoes, red cabbage and there are few other but these top the list.
Out of which this soup combines celery, basil & cherry tomatoes. Here it goes.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3 people.
- Onions- 2 medium sized
- Celery- 3-4 sticks
- Basil- Few fresh bynch of them would be mightier than the dried herb
- Carrot- 1 medium sized.
- Cherry Tomatoes- you can also opt for fresh regular tomatoes but I love the zing these tiny soldiers release in the soup.
- Seasoning: Salt & Sugar to taste.
- Oil- Olive or any vegetable oil. 1 tbsp (just enough to saute the onions)
- Roughly chop up the veggies.
- Heat the pan and grease it with oil. Saute the onions till it looses its color.
- Next, add the carrot.
- After the carrot is soft let celery, basil and cherry tomatoes join the party. Season it with salt at this stage so that the tomatoes soften and you can then adjust the water.
- Add water and let the liquid sizzle for 3-4 mins.
- Once all the veggies are soft and your kitchen is filled with the aroma of the celery, turn of the heat & let the soup cool a bit so that you can blend it into a food processor or hand blend it in the same utensil.
- Next after blending, sieve the soup and squeeze out the pulp.
- All you need to do is warm the soup up afterwards.
- Tadda!!(drum roll) serve it with soup stick and garnish with cilantro and few chilli flakes.
|Tomato Celery Basil Soup|