5 Ingredients & 5 Step Carrot Soup
When in no mood for the regular home meals or the fancy take outs, Soups come in to the rescue. Slurp a bowl full of silky gorgeousness and you have a happy-and-a-not-so-fat tummy. Some of the instant powder soups are great but recently I have been skeptical on their nutrition values. So thought of churning out a soup right from scratch.
I believe minimum is classy and tasty hence my five ingredients & five step Carrot Soup. Got the recipe inspiration from this website Veg Recipes of India This food blogger has used tomatoes in her recipe, I didn't have tomatoes that day and hence pulled through the recipe with just the carrots and it worked well.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Carrots: 2-3 medium sized
- Garlic Cloves: 2 Chopped
- Chilli Flakes: Just a sprinkle to edge into the sweetness of the carrots
- Seasoning : Salt & Sugar
- Cream : for texture and presentation
- Chop the peeled carrots and garlic cloves.
- Pressure cook the carrots , chopped garlic with water & some salt according to taste. Get the cooker to whistle for you like thrice and then let it cool.
- Swirl half cooked carrots with a hand blender or process the chunky mixture into a blender. Add water if required.
- Boil the soup and season with some salt (if required), sugar and chilli flakes.
- Serve in a big bowl and garnish with some cream and mint.
Tip: The soup is sweet in nature hence you can increase the chilli flakes but Avoid the chilli if kids are gonna join the table.
|Carrot Soup from Him's Kitchen|